We have the know-how that you need
Tax7 Early Tax Refund Services
- A foreign resident for tax purposes and you
- are leaving Australia permanently
- will no longer earn an Australian-sourced income (other than interest, dividends and royalty income)
- An Australian resident for tax purposes and you
- are leaving Australia
- are ceasing to be an Australian resident for tax purposes
- will no longer earn an Australian-sourced income (other than interest, dividends and royalty income).
If you are not leaving Australia permanently, or will receive Australian-sources income (other than interest, dividend and royalties) after leaving Australia, you should lodge your tax return during the normal lodgement period (1 July to 31 October).
How to lodge an early tax return
Firstly, ensure you obtain the following documents:
- Final payslip, including the last adjustment for your annual leave/holiday pay, or
- PAYG Payment Summary for the current financial year (you need to request this from your employer)
- Date of departure from Australia
- Visa information
- Australian bank details (please ensure you keep this bank account open until you receive your final tax refund)
Secondly, once you have the above paperwork ready, simply ring us on 02 8065 1116 to book an appointment. Our friendly accountants will assist you with everything else! Allow 4-6 weeks for the ATO to process your final tax refund.